Friday, June 25, 2010

Grease... is the WORD!

Went to the premiere of the Grease singalong at the Hollywood Bowl with the Tall Girls. FUN FUN FUN. We go to the Sound of Music singalong in September, which is also really fun, but... Grease. Is. My. Movie.
I didn't want to go crazy with costuming, but at least wanted to do something fun; and happily realizing I already owned a pink cardigan, decided to go with dressing up the top half of me, while wearing jeans and trainers (it is the Hollywood Bowl, after all, and I was not going to let painful feet ruin my night). So I thought I'd do my hair up in pin curls, grab some red lipstick and some bubble gum...

What have we learned:
Pin curls are not something to lightly think you can do at noon the day of.
Started out pretty well...
...and then my patience ran out and I reverted to the curling iron.Pretty good, eh? Though I suppose the makeup's a bit heavy, borderlining on drag-queen, so I'll lighten up a bit on that next year (in person it didn't quite look THAT heavy).

GO GREASED LIGHTNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment